Redefine Your Relationship with Money: 40-Day Abundance Challenge
In the Western world, we often have a relationship with materialism and money that is less than empowering. In a culture that raises us to be consumers and consider money as the highest form of power, it takes resiliency of spirit to know our worth aside from the dollar.
Money doesn't have to hold power over us. In fact, money is but a greater symbol of how our inner abundance is flowing. This 40-Day Challenge is about connecting to our deeper well of Abundance, an Abundance of Spirit, which will manifest and ripple out as more Abundance in our physical lives.
If you've found yourself in a seemingly powerless situation with money, this challenge is an opportunity to take a deep look at your relationship with your Higher Self and with the Spirit that flows through you.
This challenge is inspired by The Abundance Book by John Randolph Price. I highly suggest taking a look at this book to support your journey. It is about $7 on Amazon. The rendition of this challenge is a fusion of Price's 40-Day Prosperity Plan (found in his book) and the lens of Abundance in Yoga Therapy. Together, amazing results will come.
The first step to this process is to redefine your own definition of what Abundance is. For many of us, abundance is equated with money and material success. However, these are just a small facet, a symbol really, of a greater Abundance that can be accessed from within. The very nature of each of us, our Source energy, is absolutely, naturally Abundant. Our spiritual wealth, as it ripples out into our physical lives, is reinforced by the process of realizing our True nature as Spirit. The quote below explains this concept further:
The key is to approach all concerns with Abundance from our Higher Selves, rather than a place of greed, need, fear, or competition.
Before We Begin...
- This is a Meditation challenge that requires 20-Minutes a day set aside for meditation, reflection, and journaling.
- This challenge includes lifestyle components and a willingness to try thinking and living in new ways.
- Because we are building energetic momentum with this challenge, all 40-Days must be done in a row. If you miss one day, start again at the beginning until you can go through all 40-days seamlessly. It is said it takes 40 consecutive days for Consciousness to realize a new Truth and break habits that go against that Truth. Therefore, all 40-days must be completed in a row for truly impactful results.
- Establish a start date and count 40-days out on your calendar. Mark the completion date. It can also be helpful to set daily alerts to remind you to complete the day or leave notes/reminders around your home to remind you to think and live abundantly.
- Create extra time in the morning or evening to complete the challenge. Find a time you can commit to. This may mean waking up a few minutes early.
- You will need a journal and a sacred space for contemplation and meditation.
- You are welcome to customize the words "God" or "Spirit" to meet your own personal belief system.
Part 1 of the Challenge: Daily Practice
- On Day 1: Write the following statement in your journal:
- "On this day, (insert date), I, (insert name), cease believing in visible money as my supply and support and I view the world of effect as it truly is... simply an out-picturing of my former beliefs. I believed in the power of money, therefore I surrendered my God-given power and authority to an objectified belief. I believed in the possibility of lack, thus causing separation in consciousness from the source of my supply. I believed in the mortal illusion created by the collective consciousness of error thoughts, and in doing so, I have limited the Unlimited. No more! This day I renounce my so-called human-hood and claim my Divine inheritance as a Be-ing of God. This day I acknowledge God and only God as my substance, my supply, and my support." (-John Price)
- There are 10 Statements of Truth to be said, one per day. That means you will go through each 10 statements four-times before the challenge has ended. Read one statement per day and write it in your journal, near the top of the page.
- After writing the statement, repeat it out loud three times, reading from your journal. Follow this with a 15-minute meditation, connecting to the Statement and to the Source within. You may use the below Mudra and/or Mantra to support your meditation practice.
- Adhara Mudra (top image): The Gesture of Support for Receiving Abundantly. Bring the palms together in prayer position in front of the abdomen, fingertips facing away from the body. Keep the fingertips and wrists together and spread the thumbs out to the side, like opening wings.
- Lakshmi Gayatri Mantra: Lakshmi (bottom image) is the Hindu Goddess of Abundance, Prosperity, and Wealth. This Mantra is an extremely powerful homage to the Goddess and all of the qualities She embodies. It is known to support the realization of prayers easily and quickly. It may seem complicated at first glance, or hard to pronounce, but stick with it and it will show to be incredibly transformative. It is spoken in Sanskrit, one of the most powerful and ancient languages known to planet Earth. This video is one of my favorite renditions of the mantra, where you may enjoy singing along. Or, speak it as you meditate. It goes as shown below:
- Om. Maha-Lakshmyai Cha Vid-Mahe. Vishnu Pat-Nyai Cha Dhi-Mahi. Tanno Lakshmihi Prachodayat.
- Follow your meditation with a journalling practice. Reflect on the statement and what it means to you. How would this statement look if it were manifest in your life? What was your experience during the meditation? (Be sure to do this EVERY day!)
- Truth 1: God is lavish, unfailing Abundance, the rich omnipresent substance of the universe. This all-providing source of infinite prosperity is individualized as me - the Reality of me.
- Truth 2: I lift up my mind and heart to be aware, to understand, and to know that the Divine presence I AM is the source and substance of all my good.
- Truth 3: I am conscious of the inner presence as my lavish Abundance.I am conscious of the constant activity of this Mind of infinite prosperity. Therefore my consciousness is filled with the light of truth.
- Truth 4: Through my consciousness of my God-Self, the Christ within as my source, I draw the very substance of my Spirit into my mind and feeling-nature. This substance is my supply, thus my consciousness of the presence of God within me is my supply.
- Truth 5: Money is not my supply. No person, place, or condition is my supply. My awareness, understanding, and knowledge of the all providing activity of the Divine mind within me is my supply. My consciousness of this truth is unlimited, therefore my supply is unlimited.
- Truth 6: My inner supply instantly and constantly takes on form and experience according to my needs and desires, and as the principle of supply in action, it is impossible for me to have any needs or unfilled desires.
- Truth 7: The Divine consciousness that I am is forever expressing its true nature of abundance. This is its responsibility, not mine. My only responsibility is to be aware of this truth. Therefore, I am totally confident in letting go and letting god appear as the abundant all sufficiency in my life and affairs.
- Truth 8: My consciousness of the spirit within me, as my unlimited source, is the Divine power to restore the years the locusts have eaten, to make all things new, to life me up to the high road of abundant prosperity. This awareness, understanding, and knowledge of spirit, appears as every visible form and experience that I could possibly desire.
- Truth 9: When I am aware of the God-Self within me as my total fulfillment, I am totally fulfilled. I am not aware of this truth. I have found the secret of life, and I relax in the knowledge that the activity of divine abundance is eternally operating in my life. I simply have to be aware of the flow, the radiation of that creative energy, which is continuously, easily, and effortlessly pouring forth from my divine consciousness. I am not aware, I am now in the flow.
- Truth 10: I keep my mind and my thoughts off "this world" and I place on my entire focus on God within as the only cause of my prosperity. I acknowledge the inner presence as the only activity in my financial affairs, as the substance of all things visible. I place my faith in the principle of abundance in action within me.
- From here, begin again at Truth 1.
Part Two of the Challenge: Lifestyle Shift
- With each new daily statement, how can you live more in line with that Truth? What habits or activities do you take part of that go against that Truth? Are you willing to let those go?
- Practice generosity and giving. It trains your mind and Spirit to live from an Abundant place. THIS IS A BIGGIE. When we give with love and joy, the Universe returns that gift back to us ten-fold and seals Abundance into the essence of our Being. Give with an open and kind heart, rather from a place of obligation or manipulation to receive something back in return. No one benefits from the latter type of giving. Yet EVERYONE benefits from loving-generosity. You do not have to give elaborate and expensive gifts. Your gifts don’t even have to be something physical. Give a flower. A laugh or a smile. A listening ear. A good hug. Friendship. Time. Collaboration. Artwork. A service or helping hand. Simple presence. Be creative and Give, Give, Give.
- Pause at least 10-times throughout the day to just be with yourself in silence for 3 breaths. You can set an alert on your phone or watch as a daily mindfulness reminder, or just stop and take breaks to breathe and be anytime you feel disconnected from your truth. Hold the mudra, recite the mantra or Truth, and breathe deep.
- For Extra Support:
- Aromatherapy: Myhhr, Patchouli, Orange, Clove, Cinnamon, Ginger, and Spruce support us in releasing internal blocks to wealth and opening our mind to giving and receiving.
- Crystal: Jade carries an energy of Abundance, Prosperity, Wealth, and Good-Luck. Many have found it helpful to wear a Jade necklace or carry a small Jade worry stone in their pocket as a reminder for connecting to inner Abundance throughout the day.
- Posture: Practice Tadasana, Mountain Pose. Allow this pose to become your everyday stance.
A final Note
I am in this with you and cheering you on! If you need additional support, have questions, or want to share your success, please send me an email! I would love to hear from you!
If you would like to additional one-on-one support for your creating more Abundance and Health, schedule a Yoga Therapy Session in person or via-skype.